The Toronto chapter of the American Marketing Association has announced the committee that will choose this year’s inductees.
The jury will be chaired by 2014 inductee David Kincaid (right), founder and partner of Level5 Strategy.
The AMA brought back the Hall of Legends this year after being on hiatus since 2018. Canada’s Marketing Hall of Legends has inducted 83 people since its inception in 2004. Inductees are selected based on their overall impact on the Canadian or global marketplace through their ideas and brand-building efforts, as well their contributions to the marketing community as a whole.
“Nomination and induction into Canada’s Marketing Hall of Legends is an enormous accomplishment—a recognized mark of distinction in our industry,” said Kincaid in a release. “To be on the judging panel and part of the re-launch of Canada’s Marketing Hall of Legends is also an exciting tribute that has attracted a choice jury.”
This year’s CMHOL Selection Committee includes:
- Jack Bensimon, president and founding partner, Bensimon Byrne;
- Andrew Black, general partner, BrandProject;
- Clinton Braganza, chief marketing officer, Scotiabank;
- David Brown, founder and editor, The Message;
- Tony Chapman, branding expert, podcaster;
- Judy Davey, vice-president, Association of Canadian Advertisers;
- Ian Gordon, senior vice-president, Loblaw Brands Ltd.;
- Jennifer Gerlach Martin, senior director, Shoppers Drug Mart;
- Mike Nethercott, managing partner, Deloitte Canada;
- Noel O’Dea, president and founder, Target Marketing & Communications Inc.
- Andrea Southcott, partner, Redshift Collective;
- Steve Wallace, chief marketing and commercial officer, Alpine Canada; and
- Ken Wong, distinguished professor of marketing, Queen’s University’s Smith School of Business.
“Our Selection Committee typifies the Canadian marketing industry, with representatives from British Columbia and the Maritimes, across gender, and across category, from agency, advertiser, educational institutions, marketing press, and marketing associations,” said Jacob Kessler, co-VP CMHOL.
Nominations for CMHOL are still open and run until March 4. Details about the Legend Awards and submission form is available the AMA’s Marketing Hall of Legends website.